Important Message: Please check your NGU email account for a message from Slingshot with instructions on how to return your textbooks and course materials at the conclusion of each semester.
We are excited to announce NGU’s new partnership with Slingshot, which will provide you with cheaper and more convenient course materials. Here are some benefits for you:
- No Extra Hassle: Just register for class, and your rental textbooks, digital resources, and any other required course materials (i.e. lab coats, art supplies, etc.) will be prepared for you by Slingshot.
- Delivered on Time: You’ll have all your course materials in your hands on the first day of class, since Slingshot will deliver your materials directly to your most convenient location:
- Residents – Your residence hall room
- Commuters – NGU’s University Store (They’ll be ready to pick up at check-in.)
- NGU Online, and Graduate students – Your preferred address on file
- One Low Price: You’ll receive all of your textbooks and course materials for one low price, automatically included in your student fees. This means that eligible financial aid you have above tuition, room and board costs can cover this fee.
- Full-Time Traditional Undergraduates – $375/semester
- Part-time Traditional Undergraduates - $27/credit hour
- NGU Online, and Graduate Students – $27/credit hour
As you can see, this partnership means you will not only significantly cut your textbook costs, but also receive them before classes begin. We have provided a section on our website with answers to Frequently Asked Questions such as, how are textbooks provided, what happens if I add or drop a class or what if I want to opt out of Slingshot and buy my own books? Be sure to check out this section for details.
Select the "Slingshot Textbook Service" link under the “Quick Links” section to connect to the Slingshot site to view your required course materials, access digital content, and set your preferences for future orders.
If you do not wish to participate in this cost-saving initiative, you do have the opportunity to opt-out until one week after classes begin. Any books or materials already shipped will need to be returned to Slingshot. If you’ve already opted out and would like to participate, no problem, simply log back into your portal and complete the form to opt back in.
To find the form to opt-out: click the Students tab, and then the Forms and Information tab. Listed under Important Forms is an option to opt-in or out of the program.